Highly concentrated iodide solution provides this vital element to hermatypic corals and other invertebrates harboring zooxanthellae, macroalgae. Suitable for all levels of hobbyists and obtained from the highest quality iodide sources. Marine biologist formulated.
Specifications Package Size TREATS UP TO 5,000 GAL.
Aquarium Type MARINE
Instructions Basic: Shake product well before using. Add 5 ml (1 capful) of product per 50 US-gallons of aquarium water every 2-3 days or as needed to maintain the iodine concentration within a range of 0.04 - 0.06 ppm.
Advanced: Determine the total iodine concentration in the aquarium using an accurate test kit before supplementing. Each ml of Iodion will increase the concentration of iodine (�[I]�) in 1 US-gallon (3.785 L) of water by 0.625 ppm. If the initial [I] in the aquarium is below 0.06 ppm, add this product at the maximum rate of 5 ml per 25 US-gallons daily until the desired concentration is attained, then dose daily or weekly as needed. Always try to maintain the [I] within a range of +/-0.02 ppm. To determine the dosing rate of this product once the desired [I] has been acquired, measure the daily rate of iodine uptake (i.e. the decrease in iodine) in your aquarium by measuring the aquarium's [I] at the same time each day over a 1-2 week period. To determine the daily dosing rate (preferable to weekly dosing) for iodine maintenance: estimate the volume of water in the entire aquarium system; divide the daily decrease in [I] by 0.625; multiply this number by the volume of water in the system (in US-gallons) to get the daily dosage required (ml) to maintain a stable [I]. Daily dosing maintains a more stable [I] (and more natural environment) than dosing weekly, in which the [I] spikes just after dosing and then gradually decreases throughout the course of the week. Never overdose an iodine product, as severe overdosing can harm livestock and the beneficial microbes that constitute the biological filter.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. Not for human consumption. Contact poison control center if ingested.